Sunday, January 6, 2013

2012, Oh Wow

I have a lot less to say about the year 2012 than I did 2011. So much happened in 2011, and 2012 was definitely lacking in as many positive/negative experiences, but that is okay. The year was good overall. Here are some of the happenings:

  • spontaneous trip to Chicago and Pick Me Up Cafe with a few friends
  • spring break in LA with one of my best friends
  • seeing La Dispute and All Get Out on May 6th (and almost failing my psych final two days later)
  • going to a conference for counselors and future counselors (was the only undergrad student there)
  • getting rejected from an internship with Planned Parenthood the day before my interview
  • connecting with a friend of a friend and spending at least twice a week with this person over the summer; it's like we built an intimate relationship without the physical or romantic aspects
  • realizing that I'd fallen in love but that the person would never be mine
  • growing closer with the English department
  • growing a little distant from the Psychology department
  • an increased interest in issues regarding sexual assault and rape
  • many new music findings
  • getting my first real job
  • finally seeing Kids These Days perform live (and getting to see The Cool Kids again)
  • giving second chances, even when I probably should not have
  • lessons learned
  • etc.
That's 2012 in a nutshell. Not too much. Onward in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep....*beep*