Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chandler London and Why I Think I'm Falling In Love

Okay, maybe I'm over-exaggerating when I say that I'm "falling in love", but I am honestly digging Chandler London's mixtape The Science of Sleep (produced by Stefan Ponce). I know I'm late in discovering him and this mixtape (released in 2011), but better late than never, right? While listening to a local radio station that I'd just discovered a few days ago, London's "Stéphanie" came on. The beat caught my ear first, then I recognized the sample being used and got really excited. My internet search for more info on this Chicago native began after the song ended.

Now, I might be slightly biased when it comes to this mixtape for a few reasons: 1) The Science of Sleep is one of my favorite (if not my absolute favorite) films, 2) Chandler London is from Chicago, 3) samples from some of my favorite musicians are featured on this mixtape (including Lykke Li and M83), and 4) I'm in love for the previously mentioned reasons and more.

Bias aside, don't sleep on The Science of Sleep (see what I did there?) because it's pretty great and London is legit. I'm at a loss of intelligent words to describe this collection of songs, which flows in a dreamlike manner, or as if I'm traveling through memories of the good and bad times in life. I've been listening to this mixtape everyday, and I swear I'm not exaggerating- that's just how much I love it. All I can really say is that you should hear it for yourself. Download it, and I doubt you'll be disappointed.

http://chandlerlondon.com/
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep....*beep*