Saturday, June 22, 2013

Video for a Day: "Falling" by Haim

"Falling" by Haim

Seeing this trio of sisters making pop music has me desperately wishing for siblings to form a band with. Good thing I have friends, right? Anyway, I like how catchy this song is- reminds me of a combination of '80s and '90s pop (support for this claim- "cause I'm a slave to the sound" line in the first verse). The dance moves from one sister aren't so reminiscent of those eras as much as they are awkward and borderline '60s. Maybe it's just the vibe I get, who knows. This video is more aesthetically pleasing than relating to actual lyrical content- what the video has to do with falling of any literal or metaphorical type is beyond me. Either way, if I end up downloading this song, it will end up on mix CDs for friends because dancing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep....*beep*