Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Random Band/Musician Follower: Halfmoon Mad

I've decided to do this new thing where I do a mini review of the random musicians who follow me on Twitter at least twice a week. Many of them are just looking for numbers, ya know, so they end up unfollowing you after a day or two, but some do stick around. So, I'll start with the random band who found me today.


Halfmoon Mad is an alternative rock band from good ol' Chicago. They're fronted by Joanna (who also plays guitar) who's joined by lead guitarist George, drummer Maxwell, and bassist Steven. I just listened to their song "Waiting", which can be found on their website. I'm not sure how I feel about Joanna's voice- I don't think she's a bad singer, it just feels a little odd for the sound of the band. Her voice isn't completely misplaced, but part of me feels like she could sing stronger, if that makes sense. They remind me of older Incubus in ways, older Pearl Jam, pretty much the '90s alternative scene. Regardless, the band isn't too shabby, so have a listen if you're into alternative. 

If you're in the Chicago area, their next show is this Saturday, July 20th at Beat Kitchen

1 comment:

Leave a message after the beep....*beep*