Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Song of the Day: "Chicken Tonight (Doin' It Right cover)" by Daft Cluck



When I discovered this chicken cover of Daft Punk's "Doin' It Right" a month ago, I could not stop listening to it for whatever reason. Literally, the lyrics "Chicken tonight, everybody will be eating all the / Chicken tonight, everybody will be eating all the" is repeated the entire song, with random chicken noises in the background. I just laugh, and the song continues to play. Then I found out that one of my favorite 8-bit/chiptune artists is behind this ridiculously catchy cover- Sabrepulse. He (real name Ashley Charles) along with Shirobon (Mikey Cordedda) got together and gave every listener a good laugh- and the song has over 150k plays to date. The duo promised to do another cover if the song hit 100k plays, and they claim they're working on the follow-up. I'm excited for more Daft Cluck. Personally, I think the guys should cover most of Daft Punk's major hits, but maybe it's just me. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep....*beep*