Monday, October 31, 2011

It's That Time of the Year Again

I'm doing NaNoWriMo again! Even though I probably have even less free time this November than last, I'm still going to try to work out a novel. I've already written down ideas for the novel I want to work on. Completely new idea than what I usually come up with. Well, maybe it's not super new, but it's not as dramatic as what I usually think of. This is going to be somewhat action packed, thriller-esque haha, with my usual "dramatic" moments. I want to start writing it now, but it's not November 1st yet, and I want to play fair. I no longer have physical evidence of the novel I started to write last year because my external hard drive died and it was only on there. Oh well. Here's to a fresh start and hopefully an exciting November!

Also, if you don't know what National Novel Writing Month is, well, it's kind of self-explanatory, but the goal is to write a novel of 50,000 words or more only during the month of November. You can always continue writing and working on the novel after that, but the challenge of trying to get 50,000 words out of you in 30 days makes it even more interesting. Sometimes, this is the motivation you need to work on the novel you've always wanted to start writing and whatnot. Make friends, have your friends join with you, go to write-ins (where you write with other fellow participants in your area), and more. Who knows, maybe your novel will come out so great that you'll do a little editing and actually try to publish it.

Check out the nanowrimo website for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep....*beep*