Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Right Choice

I'm thinking that I definitely made the right decision in being with my boyfriend. I think that some people were trying to guilt trip me because of my involvement with the other guy, but since I still can't really get this other guy to talk to me about this whole situation, I feel even stronger and more certain in my decision. I am not easily swayed by others, and I definitely wasn't going to feel horrible for not "waiting" for this other guy. I was supposed to go to his apartment last night to talk, but then he said that he couldn't borrow his friend's car to pick me up because they had places to go, so he was going to call me at 8 (the time we were supposed to meet). Then he got caught up with his friends again, so I told him to just call when he was free. He said that he would call around 9:25-ish- no call. I sent him a text 10 minutes later saying that he could call just in case he didn't get my previous text saying that it was fine for him to call me then. He never called last night. His friend started texting me around 10:30 last night, and I didn't give him my number but whatever. This guy is a talker. He ends up calling me instead of trying to get info from me via text. I was telling him that really it's not his business and that his friend just needs to talk to me. He kind of told me about stuff going on with his friend and all, and it helped me understand more that it's probably a good thing that I didn't pursue a relationship with him. If he's going through shit right now, then he shouldn't be in a relationship and he shouldn't be messing around with people either. He might have bad people skills and may be bad at expressing his emotions and all, but that's what I'm here for. I would give him all of the time to stumble over his words and all just to get out his thoughts and feelings- I'm a very patient person. I'm not gonna judge him for anything he's done in the past or is currently going through. I'm the vice president of a freakin group that tries to promote open-mindedness and non-judgmental attitudes because you never know what someone has been through, you don't know their story.    So I wish that he would just stop blowing me off or making me feel like we'll actually get to talk because he wants to talk in person too and then just get caught up in whatever other stuff.

I appreciate his friend having his back and trying to get info out of me, but I need to just talk to him. His friend thinks that he is this expert at psychology because he took a class or two and really enjoyed them, and he especially loves talking about relationship stuff, but I don't think he's an expert at actually dealing with people. I'm no expert, but I've been through shit, and I understand people. I don't yell at them and get on them for small things like he does. You need to have patience to really understand people, to read them, to hear them out. I may not be "the relationship expert" that he is, but I know people, and I feel for them. I just want him to stop acting like a know-it-all and taking over the conversations and let his fuckin friend talk. He can't work on his communication skills if you're always talking, damn.

Anyway, I just want to be friends with this guy now, and I want him to know that I'll be here for him. Let's put aside what we've done in the past, though that may be slightly hard, but it's for the best. I want him to feel like he can talk to me because I feel like his one friend isn't going to cut it all of the time. He needs some positive influences in his life, and I can be a positive influence (except for in the homework category because I'm such a slacker). He just needs friends right now. I don't think he can really handle a relationship right now with so much other stuff on his plate anyway. I just want him to be alright and for us to be friends and for him to trust me. That's all.

I also wish my boyfriend were closer- the issue with long-distance relationships, but I can handle it. I'll be seeing him Thursday!! I'm so excited. Then I can be sassy with him, and he'll be all cool and cute about it and call me sassasaurus rex haha. Ew, I'm being all girly and shit. I like him, and I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message after the beep....*beep*